Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Wonder

Colorado has become so beautiful but very warm lately.  I was thrilled over the weekend that I could put my plants out on the patio and the sun shower over them.  I love having my patio garden and look forward to a real garden at my house one day.  The other thing I love about the warmer weather is that I can get out to run. 

Now, I am not the fastest runner but I still get out there and hit the pavement. Especially when I have two races coming up in the next two weeks.  There is a trail by my apartment complex that I enjoy going out on going in different directions.  It is nice to get out and about during the day and get my mind off of things.  It is my chance to escape and just focus on each step.  Granted, yes, I do have my iPod playing some high beat songs to keep me going but without it I would feel weird running. 

While I am out running, I think about some things and one of those things is The Wonder.  As children, we are amazed by so many things and enjoy the wonder of them all.  I think about this as I run since I pass so many amazing things. I run over several bridges that go back and forth over the creek.  I love listening to the water flow over the rocks and sometimes I stop in the middle of the bridge to watch and listen.  I enjoy seeing birds flying overhead and chirping as they head off to their next destination.  I love the smell of the air and the grass (especially after it is just cut).  These are some of the things I think of as I run.  I try to think about what it would be like as a child again seeing all these things.

Children have such a sense of things that we lose as we get older.  But with everything I have been going through, it is nice to try and think of the wonder again.  The little things in my house too help with the wonder.  My cat relaxing on the recliner (which is her chair) or her going after a small bug I can't see. The smell of coffee brewing in the morning or the sun pouring through the window.  I am trying to remember the wonder to help me through some of the tough times and keep the optimistic attitude I have always had. 

I am still the firm believer in love in all things too.  The wonder to me is another sign of love...

No comments:

Post a Comment