Monday, December 30, 2013

Dreams and Reflections

So I haven't written in some time.  Things have been quite nutty and busy in my life! But I would rather be busy than bored!

I have been having some odd dreams lately.  A couple nights ago I had a dream we were at my 20th High School reunion and we had a child that was a vampire.  Don't know what that means.  But last night's dream was one of oddness.  It was a reflection on the past year but not in flashbacks but in pie charts and bar graphs.  These also were not on a computer or anything like that but floating freely around me.  I couldn't tell what some of these charts were but some were purely pop culture asking favorite movie, song, or event throughout the year.  Other's were on the state of our country and all the things that changed in 2013.  It was just very odd.

But upon waking up and reflecting on what the dream was showing me, I look back on this crazy crazy year.  For some reason this year was not like the rest but seemed strange and odd at points.  I am very thankful for the many things that have happened to me this year, including a new job sharing the history of an amazing woman.  She saw her our struggles, and feel like her and I could have been friends if we ever met!

I am looking forward to 2014.  I feel as if this year needs to be put in the history books and not be reflected on often.  There were negatives along the way, and one of my goals for 2014 is to try to stay on the positive side of things.  Too many times I was drawn into a world of negativity by those around me and it takes too much energy to stay in that world.  I am an optimist at heart and plan to stay in that world next year.

Next year will also be a year of adventures.  My love and I are planning a trip to Paris, probably in June.  It will be my first trip to Europe and can't believe it is actually happening.  I am starting to train for a half marathon again that I will be running with a coworker.  I haven't run a half in over a year so this will be an interesting adventure!  Professionally, things are completely changing at the museum and it will be a huge year.  I am working on this huge military appreciation day in July and we are working with so many other cultural institutions.

I am looking forward to moving forward in 2014 and putting this strange year behind me.  Here is to a Happy New Year and the greatest adventures in 2014!!!

Here is to Love for all in the new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment