Wednesday, February 13, 2013

365 Days of Thanks...Day 42

Day 42: I am thankful for this gluten-free pizza. 

Almost a year ago, I was diagnosed with gluten intolerance.  It has been a hard road and I am constantly searching for foods which are close to "normal" food.  My mother sent me some white bread flour mix which I made a pizza crust with.  This was the first time I ever made it but it was so tasty. 

I covered it with pizza sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, red peppers, pepperoni, black olives, tomatoes and mushrooms.  It was delicious.  Here is the recipe if anyone is interested:

1 package Toro Celiac Safe White Bread Mix
1 1/3 cup lukewarm water
1/2 tsp salt
1 packet "active dry" yeast
2 tbsp. oil

Preperation
1. Preheat oven to 450 F
2. Mix dry ingredients and add lukewarm water.  Knead to make a dough
3. Roll out dough and leave to rise in warm place for appx. 20 minutes
4. Top as desired with cheese and other pizza toppings
5. Bake on bottom shelf of oven at 450 F for appx. 15 minutes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment