Thursday, September 20, 2012

Certain People....

I am a firm believer that people come in and out of your life when you  need them. They are there for you when you need them for good reasons or bad ones.  They take steps in your journey to help with your next steps.

The best people in life stick with you through it all.  I have a friend who I have known since high school.  Over the past few years, we have both been through so much (her more than me) but we have kept in touch and every time we see each other it is a wonderful reunion.  It is nice to know that no matter what we go through in our lives, we will be there for each other.  I am looking forward to one day when I get married, she will be standing by my side as my maid of honor.

Then there are those people who came into my life who I know I will never see again, and I am okay with that.  There were in my life for a short time or perhaps years, but I am happy to let them go.  I don't wish them harm by any means, I never could.  I am not that type of person, but I am just happy they are out of my life. 

My favorite people in my life is my family.  Throughout my life, no matter what was happening, they were there.  We have had our ups and downs but they have always been there.  I realize over the years and all the places I have lived, I can always count on them to be there.

The best relationship you can have is with yourself.  If you don't know yourself, how can you give your heart or your friendship to anyone?  I have changed a lot since I was a teenager, but I have learned so much over the years.  I am happy in the ways I have changed.  I am the only person who will be the only one with me throughout the whole journey. 

It is exciting journey I am on and I am happy for those who come and go on that journey.  I am happy I have a man who I adore to share it with, friends who laugh with me and a family who sticks me with it all. 

Love guides us all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment